In order to become a PGA member, you will need to become a registered
apprentice and go through the PGA Professional Golf Management (PGA PGM)
Program. To register into the PGA PGM Program, you must:
- All individuals registering or re-registering as an apprentice
must complete a Background Check. To complete the Background Check,
- Access the Qualifying Level Courses on the PGA Knowledge Center
and pass the Qualifying Test.
Click here for further details.
- Satisfy the PAT requirement. For information
- PLEASE NOTE: You are encouraged to verify the
expiration dates for the Qualifying Level Courses and the PAT
requirement. These expiration dates are noted in the above
- Meet the Eligible Employment requirements described:
- Individuals shall be eligibly employed in one of the
- You must be full-time eligibly employed at the time of
- Participation in an amateur event will forfeit all work
experience credits earned prior to the event.
- An apprentice registration form verifying employment must be
signed and submitted by you.
Download the registration form.
- Pay all apprentice fees.
Click here to access our Fees Calculator.
- Acceptable Progress is defined by successful completion of each
Level's Checkpoint. In order to remain in good standing, the Level 1
Checkpoint must be successfully completed within two years of the
Level 1 start date; the Level 2 Checkpoint must be successfully
completed within four years of the Level 1 start date; and, the
Level 3 Checkpoint must be successfully completed within six years
of the Level 1 start date. Apprentices have eight years from their
Level 1 start date to graduate from the PGA PGM Program and get
elected to membership.
- Have a high school diploma or be at least 18 years of age and
have the equivalent of a high school education. You are eligible for
educational credits toward PGA membership with a college degree.
- Please contact one of the following companies to submit your
diploma, certificate or degree if your education was completed in a
country other than the United States of America:
Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Phone: (305) 273-1616
Fax: (305) 273-1338
Translation Fax: (305) 273-1984
World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 01-5060
Miami, FL 33101
Phone: (800) 937-3899 or (305) 358-6688
- An individual must be either a U.S. Citizen or resident alien to
be elected to PGA membership.
- A total of 36 work experience credits must be earned in addition
to fulfilling the PGA PGM Program. (One credit per month while
eligibly employed full time.) 12 credits are awarded for a four year
college degree and six credits for a two year college degree.
Amateur Status: Work experience earned prior to participating in
an amateur event will be forfeited.
* Individuals previously terminated for failure to purchase
the Level 1 Kit, must now access the Qualifying Level and
pass the Qualifying Test to be eligible to register as an apprentice.
Note: All applicants are required to read and write in English to
successfully complete the PGA Professional Golf Management Program.
If you have any questions concerning this information or requirements
to become a PGA member, call PGA Membership Services at (800) 474-2776.